Immersive innovation through creative design
As Chartered Architects specialising in Architecture, Urban Design, and Interior Design, our work is based on the creativity and individual skills of our fantastic team, whose ideas and wide knowledge base keep us at the forefront of what is possible. We are continually developing and are led by the desire to exceed expectations; encouraging each other to use and develop our imagination, push the limits of our abilities and further our education, so that we produce the highest quality work.
At Scene Architects we also collaborate with clients, consultants, contractors, stakeholders, and end users to create distinct, sustainable, and high-quality buildings and environments that inspire and embrace future communities. We promote free-thinking and a flexible, collaborative approach to achieve imaginative and innovative solutions.
Our specialist services
Creating inspiring environments: we offer a full range of architectural services, in both 2D and 3D.
Curating a unique experience: innovative, functional interior designs delivered to the highest standard.
Developing the future: design and master planning of land use and the built environment.
At Scene Architects we offer a full range of architectural, interior, and urban design services, from concept and masterplan to technical production drawings and handover (RIBA 0 – 7). Working from two main offices, we use the latest BIM software, 2D drawing platforms and 3D modelling software to create drawings at all stages. This goes beyond traditional drawings to include CGI and 3D visualisations to create walk and fly-throughs for maximum impact.
Both of our offices provide spaces that nurture creative thinking, with break-out areas to encourage spontaneous collaborations and conversations. We use the latest digital and interactive tools - our model studio provides state-of-the-art 3D printing facilities, as well as a CNC machine, laser cutter, A0 plotter, and hand-made modelling space. These resources help our projects exceed expectations, offering experiential, tactile encounters that spark the public’s imagination and encourages positive engagement during planning and consultation phases.
Meet the team
David Plant RIBA - Architect | Managing Director
James Chalk BSc (Hons) Arch Tech - Senior Architectural Technician | Associate
Debbie Plant - Financial Director | Human Resources
Jake Brockwell RIBA - Architect | Associate
Daryl McCarthy - Business Development Director
Marco Zambrino - Architect
Richard Maloney BA (Hons) MAUD AssocRTPI - Urban Design Director
Jale Heather Cullerton BA (Hons) Int Arch - Architectural Assistant
Blaine McMahon RIBA - Architect | Associate
Alice England BA (Hons) Int Arch - Architectural Assistant
Emanuela Borri RIBA - Architect
Connor Parr - Architectural Assistant
David Morgan, BSc (Hons) March, PGDip - Architect
Leanne Cook - Executive Assistant
Lewis Cullerton BA (Hons) Arch - Part I (RIBA) Architectural Designer
Lewis Dodds - Part I (RIBA) Architectural Assistant
Luis Corchero Msc BIM Manager Intl - Senior Architectural Technician
Mark Fruin - Senior Architectural Technician
Melissa Osborne - Administrator
Oaklan Britton-Lambert - Junior Architectural Assistant
Peter Emptage RIBA - Director | Consultant Architect
Rob Smith - Technical Architect | Consultant Architect
Tom Davey BA (Hons) Arch Visualisation - Visualisation Assistant
Tom Smith BA (Hons) Int Arch - Junior Architectural Technician
Tony Brown MCIAT - Senior Architectural Technician
David De Vries - Chief Designer
Leanne Ackrell BA (Hons) Dip.Arch, RIBA, ARB Architect - Associate
Shalini John, BScArch, MSc Urban Design - Senior Urban Designer
Morgan Marsden BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology (Year 4 of 5) - Architectural Technician
Mark Levey - Head of Finance – Scene Architects Group
Alex Page, MCIAT - Senior Technician
Sumiya Ali, BSC Architectural Technology - Junior Technologist
Joshua Carter, BSc (Hons) RIBA - Architectural Assistant
Matt Jones - Project Architect
Harry Risk – (Part 1) Architectural Assistant -
Joel Mammoliti Associate - Senior Architectural Technician
Jennifer Page, BA (Hons) RIBA - Architectural Designer
We work through every stage of the process, carrying your project from start to end. Contact us
Preparation & Briefing
Scroll right to explore
Evolution of Scene Architects
- Feb – DPA (David Plant Architecture) was founded with a team of three people.
- Jun – David and Debbie’s garage was converted into the new DPA studio, and the team moved in.
- Aug – Daryl joined the team.
- Dec – Christmas party – a mini cruise to Antwerp and Amsterdam.
- Nov – First client Christmas party at Channels.
- Jan – DPA moved into the Braintree office shared with Phase 2.
- Mar – Lewis C joined the team.
- Jun – London office opened.
- Jan – Lewis D joined the team.
- Jun – Phase 2 left the Braintree office.
- Sep – Moved into the Chelmsford office.
- Oct – Jale joined the team.
- Nov – Richard joined the team.
- Sep – Became a Chartered practice.
- May – Josh Plant was born.
- July – Jake joined the team.
- Jan – Blaine joined the team.
- May – Jale completed her undergraduate degree in Interior Architecture.
- Aug – DPA became DAP Architecture.
- Oct – Alice joined the team.
- Sep – Lewis D started his Part I Apprenticeship.
- April – Team social evening – bowling.
- July – Participated in a charity football event.
- Sep – Summer picnic at Hyland’s Park.
- Dec – Blaine and Jake became Architects.
- Jan – Luis joined the team.
- Mar – Went into COVID-19 lockdown.
- April – Thank you NHS!
- Sep – Jale and Lewis got married!
- Dec – Mark joined the team.
- Jan – Daryl was promoted to Director.
- Mar – James joined.
- June – Richard was promoted to Director.
- Aug – Connor joined the team.
- Aug – Summer picnic at Hyland’s Park.
- Sep – Lewis C started his Part 2/3 Apprenticeship.
- Dec – First DAP party post COVID-19 restrictions.
- Mar – Melissa joined the team.
- May – Team dinner at Acanteen, Chelmsford.
- June – Tom S, Marco, and Leanne C joined the team.
- July – Lewis D completed his Part 1 Apprenticeship.
- July – Emanuela joined the team.
- July – Team dinner at Zenxi, Chelmsford.
- Aug – David M, Tony, Oaklan and Tom D joined the team.
- Aug – DAP Architecture rebranded to become Scene Architects.
- Aug – Joshua Carter and Jennifer Page joined the team.
- Sep – Jennifer started her Part 2/3 Apprenticeship.
- Nov – Harry Risk joined the team.
- Feb – Joel Mammoliti joined the team.
- Mar – Alex Page joined the team.
- April – Matt Jones and David DeVries joined the team.
- May – Leanne Ackrell, Shalini John, Morgan Marsden and Sumiya Ali joined the team.
- Sep – Harry started his Part 2/3 Apprenticeship. Lewis D started his Urban Design Masters.
- Sep – Blaine was promoted to Director. Lewis C was promoted to Associate.