Architectural Technologist – Chelmsford, Essex
Scene Architects is a RIBA Chartered Architectural Practice based in London and Chelmsford who pride themselves on top quality consultancy, design, and service. Our Practice is well experienced in a variety of backgrounds ranging from housing, commercial, education, leisure, mixed-use developments, listed buildings and conservation, and major urban design schemes.
As a Technologist you will work alongside Architects and other Technologists and be expected to create detailed technical drawings for building regulations, tender and construction working drawing packages for several projects as well as assisting other colleagues and attending site visits.
We require an enthusiastic and motivated Technologist to join our expanding Chelmsford office, who will work directly under the supervision of one of our Associates. You would be required to work on a wide range of projects from one-off housing to major residential/mixed-use developments from concept to technical design.
Job Role Summary:
A successful candidate will have strong and proven design ability with an emphasis on technical design, be an organised team player with an ability to operate well under pressure, possess a knowledge of UK Building Regulations and proven site experience.
Day to day duties:
- Leading projects with particular emphasis on RIBA Work Stages 4-6;
- Providing on-site technical support to clients and/or contractors.
- Liaising closely with clients to ensure delivery on time, to required budget and quality standards
- Work to and update personal/project programmes to ensure timely delivery of the project(s) and/or other tasks.
- Organise distribution of technical information to clients, consultants and statutory authorities as required.
- Research products and systems specified for use on a project-by-project basis.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, plus 3D modelling software such as Revit (preferably) or ArchiCAD;
- Proven technical ability;
- Understanding of building regulations and other relevant technical standards.
- Evident construction knowledge and practical understanding of common construction methods;
- 5+ years’ post-qualification experience in professional practice;
- Residential experience essential; experience of working closely with design & build contractors and housebuilders would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and in a professional and competent manner to clients and external parties.
- Readiness to assume responsibility, take initiative, and thrive when working under pressure.
- Good personal organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise.
- Driving license essential
- Attention to detail
Scene Architects is a vibrant and social office full of freethinking, conscientious, self-motivated and hardworking people. We seek to collaboratively design, distinct and high-quality buildings and environments that inspire and embrace future communities.
If you have a positive attitude, excellent attention to detail and a willingness to contribute as a dedicated team then please send through your CV as we are looking for individuals with the same disposition to join us.
*You must have the right to work in the UK.
*We operate a flexible working pattern, between working from home and in the office (Currently operating a 3-day office / 2-day home split) post probation period.
We are Creative & Imaginative
We are Continually Developing
We Exceed Expectations
We are Collaborative
We are Professional